The Word at Work is an evangelical mission community whose beliefs include the following essential affirmations:
1. Jesus' death on the cross was a sacrifice of atonement; He died as our substitute, paying the price for the sins of all who believe.
2. Christ Jesus was resurrected from the dead on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of the Father; His victory over death secured eternal life for all of His children.
3. Jesus is the only way to salvation; He alone is Lord and Savior.
4. Jesus is fully divine being the Son of God; Jesus was fully human being born of the virgin, Mary.
5. The great commission of Matthew 28 is Christ's command to His Church to spread the good news of the Gospel to all nations.
6. The Bible is God's inspired, inerrant Word; the only infallible rule for faith.