The Word at Work exists to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in the following way:
God has revealed to us an entire host of people and places in Belize that need the regenerative touch of His hand. So, we are obedient to Jesus' call on our lives.
We run short term mission trips for groups of people from churches of all denominations from the USA to Belize, Central America.
Relationships are central to the Gospel with which we are entrusted. God is at work in Belize and He calls us to join Him in that work, empowering us in a unique way to match needs and resources. We are honored to have hundreds of friends in Belize who teach us about service each time we travel there with a team. Our work complements, adapts, supplements, and encourages Belizean ministries in their work for those in need.
Experience and conviction have led to our understanding of how to facilitate a God glorifying short-term experience - one that builds up and transforms the traveler while advancing the cause of the local mission. We are prayerful that repeated experiences will lead to longer-term missionaries making a commitment to follow God's invitation to serve the people of Belize.
We match the needs of the people and ministries with people and churches that are willing to meet them.
- Communities with churches that need to be built or restored;
- Clinics with medicines they need but can't afford;
- Build and renovate orphanages;
- Bring dignity and care to the elderly;
- Share the relief of hospice care to the dying;
- Children receive medical and dental attention;
- Families and orphanages pay for school tuition;
- Families with houses that need built or restored;
- Schools with books and supplies;
- The Belizean Prison restore humane conditions and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ;
- The first seminary in Belize to build up Godly leaders;
- And more...
In short, we're doing all we can with the resources God has blessed us with to help the less fortunate. And with each completed project, another broken piece of creation is restored to God's intended glory. In the process we're being blessed immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... inching up on Jesus' promise: "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10b)