The Word at Work Vision Trip
This four-day trip was designed for two reasons:
- To introduce inquiring church leaders and laypeople to Belize and help them catch a vision for where God may be calling them to be the Word at Work in Belize.
- For adults with hearts that want to serve, but in a less noisy, sweaty, large project setting.
A Vision Trip is a listening trip. It is a chance to explore, study, encourage others, and pray about solutions. We stay at a resort in the center of Belize and each day we travel in a new direction to visit the ministries we work with throughout the country. Each day we wake up in this beautiful and comfortable jungle setting, and after breakfast and devotions we begin to travel and visit.
We introduce you to a variety of ministries and the incredible saints who run them. Participants will hear their needs and dreams, and have the opportunity to pray for and encourage them in their work. These journeys expose you to:
- Children's Homes / Orphanages
- Christian & Government Run Schools
- Schools for mentally and physically challenged children
- Medical services including local hospitals, clinics
- Hospice and Belize's Mother Theresa
- Community services like the Police Department and Belize Emergency Response Team
- The Belize Prison
- Organizations bringing awareness and rescue to domestic violence and human trafficking victims
The settings for these are urban, rural-agrarian, mountains, jungles, and islands.
By day we observe and study. In the evenings we discuss and debrief. After a few days, participants feel as if they were drinking from a fire house. The needs that are witnessed and the excitement over God's handiwork produce an emotionally intense response. In order to allow the dust to settle, we do a final debrief in a remote island setting. We spend a day and overnight on a small private island where w e have a chance to be alone with and hear from God, fish, swim, and snorkel. We'll pray together and share things we've learned and discuss appropriate responses.